Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2017

What I Read in May 2017

Linking up to the wonderful Kathryn, at The Book Date for a monthly check-in!

I had a wonderful month of reading! Loved most of the books I picked up , liked all of them, though some more than others. I am slowing down on my reading to 2 books a week it seems, but hey, we can't all be speed-readers!

{note: I thought I'd be offline for a couple of days to care for my very sick dog, but she is bouncing back remarkably and I have spare time to blog, anyway}

The Previous Month in Review!
Read:
  1. The Diva Takes the Cake by Krista Davis (Domestic Diva #2)
  2. The Diva Paints the Town by Krista Davis (#3)
  3. Slightly South of Simple by Kristy Woodson Harvey
  4. Beartown by Fredrik Backman
  5. The Red Hunter by Lisa Unger
  6. All the Best People by Sonja Yoerg
  7. The Stars Are Fire by Anita Shreve
  8. The Deep End by Julie Mulhern (Country Club Murders #1)

(my opinion) of the genres:
fiction- 8
cozy mysteries- 3
women's contemporary fiction-2
literary fiction- 2
suspense- 1

My Favorites of the Month.... wow, very hard to choose this month, comparing apples to oranges here:

Slightly South of Simple
The Red Hunter
The Stars Are Fire

I recommend each and every one of these books if you are in the market for the genre I imagined them to be in. Each one is well-written and kept me interested in reading more. Isn't that what counts in the end?
 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!